AGGREGATED ACTING FORUMS

Build a smart actor website in 90 seconds! Click here to begin.

"I Wish Actors Knew..." (from a Sound Mixer's POV)

"I Wish Actors Knew..." (from a Sound Mixer's POV)

Posted on Apr 16th

I posted another interview in this series a couple weeks ago. Actors are finding these videos to be invaluable. Walking in a crew member's shoes gives a whole new perspective to being on set, and how we as actors can collaborate in new ways to make EVERYONE's job easier!Here's our 4th and latest video:https://youtu.be/08Qk5fT2oq4We have 2 more coming soon (Costumes and 1st AD). And you can check out the others (Makeup, Basecamp, and DP) on our channel.

Beware Actors Who Think This Will Live A Miserable Life – I Know

Posted on Apr 16th

Beware Actors Who Think This Will Live A Miserable Life – I Know https://youtu.be/piyefMFr0Dw For many years, as an actor, I took things very personally. If I didn't get an audition or book a job, I began doubting my acting skills. It is easy to think that we aren't getting the audition because people don't like us. What took me years to realize is that there is nothing personal in the acting business. There are so many factors that go into getting or not getting the audition or job. Use this link and watch the video to learn how to change your way of thinking and feel much better. https://youtu.be/piyefMFr0DwHAVEN’T SUBSCRIBED YET? Don't forget to subscribe and click the notification bell so you always know when a new video has been uploaded. LIKED THE VIDEO If you like the video, give it a thumbs up. That is helpful. SHARE Please share the link with your fellow actors so we can continue building a great channel with actors helping each other.

Actors - Add Pantomime to Your Skill Set

Actors - Add Pantomime to Your Skill Set

Posted on Apr 15th

“The skills that make up a classical mime’s bag of tricks can be of tremendous use to any actor who may be called upon in a play to tell a story through gestures, to trick an audience into “seeing” something that isn’t there.Imagine you are in a play, and your character has to come onstage as if walking in from a rainstorm. Even though you and your costume are completely dry, you can shrug out of your coat, shake imaginary water droplets from it, “dry” your face with a handkerchief and then use it to “mop up” the puddle by the door. All this is done “in mime,” because there never was any real water. But if done well, the audience would swear that there was.Onstage, I’ve opened doors that weren’t really there, “flipped” a light switch that was painted onto a flat, been struck by an imaginary bullet, consumed non-existent coffee from imaginary cups and eaten an “air steak,” all in plays that are considered representational or realistic. In Pioneer Drama Service’s hit comedy Twinderella, a baseball game is enacted on stage without a ball! These are all examples of using the skills of pantomime within a regular play.Keep it simple. Don’t “muddy the air” with meaningless movements. Finish one movement before going on to the next. Then be consistent. Once an imaginary object is established, make sure that it remains there until moved. If you set a “cup” down in one place, be sure to pick it up again in the same spot. Otherwise the audience will think there are two cups on the table. I’ve seen shows using imaginary doors where the doorknob magically moves up and down, depending on the height of the actors. Finally, there’s “the bump.” When you pick up a real cup, your fingers simply wrap around it. But with a mimed cup, you have to very slightly exaggerate the grasp, the lift, the setting down and the release. Don’t overdo the exaggeration, but think of it as a series of visual punctuation marks. This helps the audience recognize the moment of contact, the beginning of movement, the end of movement and the letting go.Every actor can benefit from some training in pantomime.”- Patrick Dorn, Acting Coach#mime

Ask Me Anything (AMA) Wednesday 4/17 to Thursday 4/18- What Should Performers Look For In A Publicist?

Ask Me Anything (AMA) Wednesday 4/17 to Thursday 4/18- What Should Performers Look For In A Publicist?

Posted on Apr 15th

My name is Laura Ackermann, the CEO/Founder of Advantage PR, and I'm thrilled to dive into the dynamic world of PR with you. With two incredible, experience-rich decades of navigating the PR landscape under my belt, I've crafted compelling campaigns for a diverse array of clients – from budding actors and authors to visionary CEOs and influencers.At Advantage PR, we're all about securing standout, momentum-building "WINS" for our clients. Whether propelling a breakout talent into the limelight or conceptualizing and executing a strategic campaign for a seasoned CEO, our passion always lies in delivering results that not only meet but exceed expectations.Public relations isn't solely a profession for me; it's a strategic endeavor that constantly evolves and adapts to the ever-shifting media landscape. Staying ahead of the curve is key, and that's where Advantage PR excels.For those curious about the ins and outs of PR, here are just a few questions I'm looking forward to tackling for you!:• When's the perfect time to enlist PR support?• What can I be doing when I am not yet ready for a publicist?• How long should your partnership with a publicist last?• Who comprises the dedicated team managing your account day-to-day?• How do we leverage our media connections on your behalf?• What differentiates your PR firm from others?• Who will use their relationships with the media on my behalf?

The Decline of the Superhero Movie: Why It's Great News for Digital Entrepreneurship and Personal Branding

The Decline of the Superhero Movie: Why It's Great News for Digital Entrepreneurship and Personal Branding

Posted on Apr 15th

Superhero films, especially those from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, have dominated the box office for years. However, the tide is turning...Bob Iger's return to Disney in a shifting landscape where Disney+ lost $1.1 billion in 2022 and faced disappointments like Ant-Man 3 signals a significant decline.But this isn't just about Hollywood—it reflects a shift in how we consume content and connect with stories.Could the rise of "wokeness" be influencing this?Add to that the surge of streaming platforms like Netflix and the short attention spans of Generation Z (and even older generations), who prefer engaging with TikTok and YouTube, and you get a fragmented audience with evolving preferences!What does this mean for you, the entrepreneur, leader, or content creator?It’s a call to action!The era of big-budget productions monopolizing attention is ending.Platforms like LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter allow you to build engaged communities and become "influencers."People are seeking stories they can relate to and authentic connections. Make storytelling your superpower.Deadpool X Wolverine releases in July:I bet with a friend that it will be Marvel's last big hit—why?It brings humor and personality!This superhero has been highly anticipated for years.What makes him unique is that he's the only Marvel character who knows he's in the Marvel universe and was created by comic artists.Isn’t that wonderfully quirky and authentic?Personal Branding, Your New Superhero Cape:In a world saturated with content, strong personal branding is essential to stand out.Position yourself as the go-to expert in your field.Provide valuable insights, showcase your expertise, and earn your audience's trust.Just as Disney must navigate the challenges of ESPN (facing declining TV subscriptions) and changing viewing habits, you need to adapt to the evolving landscape.Experiment with different formats, explore new platforms, and refine your strategy based on data.The decline of superhero movies is an evolution, an opportunity for enthusiasts.Embrace the power of your story and become the hero of your own entrepreneurial journey.Final Word:I've met several brilliant people on LinkedIn who hesitate to post too much.TO YOU: Don’t let your talent and knowledge become someone else’s retirement!

5 Warning Signs For Parents Of Child/Young Adult Actors

5 Warning Signs For Parents Of Child/Young Adult Actors

Posted on Apr 13th

In today’s blog, Adam Feinsilver talks about five warning signs that parents of child/young adult actors should be aware of. Very, very, very important blog.www.stage32.com/blog/5-warning-signs-for-parents-of-childyoung-adult-actors-3699

How to Write a Podcast Script For Your Solo Show

How to Write a Podcast Script For Your Solo Show

Posted on Apr 11th

If you host a podcast by yourself, scripts are a great way to prepare your talking points in advance so you don’t have to gather your thoughts mid-episode.Before you start writing, take a minute to consider: What are the main points I want to convey in this episode? What is currently happening in the world that is directly a part of what your show revolves around? Once you identify those, the smaller details can flow from there.Let’s say your podcast is about writing or singing, and you’re planning an episode where you talk to listeners about choosing the right steps to outlining a new script for a feature, or what is involved in keeping your vocal chords in top condition. Organize your thoughts in your script document, starting with the main points and progressing to supporting points.You’d be surprised how quickly the time will pass when you’re talking about a subject you’re passionate about.#podcast #podcasthost  

Italian Actors Body Artisti 7607 Sues Netflix Over Residuals & Lack Of Data Transparency

Italian Actors Body Artisti 7607 Sues Netflix Over Residuals & Lack Of Data Transparency

Posted on Apr 10th

Precedent, precedent, precedent. One worth watching.https://deadline.com/2024/04/italian-actors-body-artisti-7607-sues-netflix-residual-payments-1235879461/

9 Huge Actors Tax Write-Offs – And Other Tax Tips

Posted on Apr 9th

9 Huge Actors Tax Write-Offs – And Other Tax Tips https://youtu.be/y5cNhpFcj2Q All actors and other artists need to know what can and can't be legitimately deducted from their taxes. In this video, you will learn about 9 huge actors tax write offs and other helpful tax tips.If you have any tax tip suggestions for fellow artists, please share them here as well as on my channel.Can't wait to hear your suggestions and advice.If you haven't done this yet, don't forget to subscribe and click the notification bell on my channel so you always know when a new video has been uploaded.And, please share the link so we can continue to help and learn from each other. 

S32 April Phoenix In Person Meetup

S32 April Phoenix In Person Meetup

Posted on Apr 8th

https://www.stage32.com/meetups/1970/April-Stage-32-Phoenix-In-Person-Meetup

Oh!.... controversial... Olivia Colman: Asking Actors to Self-Tape Auditions Is ‘Disrespectful’

Oh!.... controversial... Olivia Colman: Asking Actors to Self-Tape Auditions Is ‘Disrespectful’

Posted on Apr 8th

The "Wicked Little Letters" star explained why she thinks actors need direct interaction with casting directors: "I wouldn't have gotten where I am if I'd had to do self-tapes." https://www.indiewire.com/news/general-news/olivia-colman-self-tape-auditions-disrespectful-to-actors-1234971762/Actors, would LOVE to hear your opinion on this... 

PAUL SCHNEIDER - ACTOR - Team Deakins Podcast

PAUL SCHNEIDER - ACTOR - Team Deakins Podcast

Posted on Apr 6th

"On this episode of the Team Deakins Podcast, we speak with actor Paul Schneider (BRIGHT STAR, THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES, GEORGE WASHINGTON). Growing up in a small town in North Carolina, Paul shares how working in film and television never crossed his mind until a pivotal viewing of Jane Campion’s THE PIANO. Attending film school following the encouragement and support of a high school teacher, Paul studied editing but found himself frequently cast in his friends’ short films, culminating in a performance in GEORGE WASHINGTON, shot entirely by his film school friends. Paul later shares how, to prepare for a role in Jane Campion’s BRIGHT STAR, he practiced his Scottish accent by studying a copy of TRAINSPOTTING. We later discuss the importance of a director having a clear vision for a film and loving a collaborative director who includes their crew and cast in their creative decision making process. Paul also reveals the secret character trait that informed his character in JESSE JAMES, and we discuss the emotional mathematics of the collaboration found in filmmaking that result in a film’s final cut." https://teamdeakins.libsyn.com/paul-schneider-actor

The State of Things

The State of Things

Posted on Apr 5th

The past 18-months were brutal. Finding acting employment in Los Angeles is exceedingly challenging, and now I'm beginning to see the really big picture. I found this video on YouTube that reveals once prosperous Beverly Hills as a dying town. I believe this to be emblematic of the existential crisis Hollywood now finds itself in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O15wiCWz60

A Stunt By Any Other Name Is Still A Stunt

A Stunt By Any Other Name Is Still A Stunt

Posted on Apr 5th

Stephanie Moore discusses stunts and talks about how filmmakers can approach stunts responsibly in today’s blog.www.stage32.com/blog/a-stunt-by-any-other-name-is-still-a-stunt-3690

George Carlin’s Daughter Calls For AI “Safeguards” As Suit Settled Over Computer-Generated Special

George Carlin’s Daughter Calls For AI “Safeguards” As Suit Settled Over Computer-Generated Special

Posted on Apr 3rd

Small, albeit quick, victory on the AI fronthttps://deadline.com/2024/04/george-carlins-ai-suit-settled-1235874564

Happy Tuesday Stage 32 Tribe!

Happy Tuesday Stage 32 Tribe!

Posted on Apr 2nd

Who's The Next Comedy Duo? Since this is the last season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, one of the best comedy duo's in my opinion is the relationship between Larry David and J.B. Smoove. What two actors would you team up to be the next Great Comedy Duo?I'm going with Pamela Adlon and Leslie Fu***** Jones!!!

Sometimes 1 Word Auditions Can Be Very Difficult - Try This Idea

Sometimes 1 Word Auditions Can Be Very Difficult - Try This Idea

Posted on Apr 2nd

Sometimes 1 Word Auditions Can Be Very Difficult - Try This Idea https://youtu.be/jRA5Qz6siWM Have you ever had a 1 word audition and thought that the casting director has no respect for your acting skills? Or, do you think this is a complete waste of your time?You really need to watch the video and learn how a 1 word scene can actually be extremely powerful. Watch the video and learn how.If you ever had a 1 word audition,  let us know how you prepared for the read.

Tips for Submitting for a Casting Call/Audition

Tips for Submitting for a Casting Call/Audition

Posted on Apr 1st

Before you submit your resume and headshot, read the breakdown thoroughly. Make sure you are the perfect fit. Most breakdowns will clearly describe the type of person they are looking for as well as the filming dates. Make sure you fit that description and that you are available for those shoot dates. Follow the instructions in the breakdown.Unless stated otherwise, address the subject line with the name of the character or position you are applying for, along with your name (i.e. Submission for the role of Andrew by John Doe).When the casting call includes a contact name, make sure you address that person in your email and use the right gender and correct spelling.In the body of the email, state the role(s) you are applying for and give a brief description of why you consider yourself the perfect fit for that role or what makes you eager to join that production. Include any details requested in the breakdown like your weight, height, and size of your shirt, pants, and/or shoes, and where you are based.Make sure you include an eye-grabbing digital headshot which should be 500kb or less and your resume in PDF. The files should simply be your name (john_doe.jpg, john_doe.pdf). You can also provide a link to additional photos, your website, and two to three links of clips of your work.Keep your email simple. At the end of the email add a short and polite note indicating the materials you are submitting.Use a professional email address. While this may sound silly many forget this simple rule. Imagine receiving an email from I_am_the_actor_for_you@gmail.com instead of john_doe@gmail.comWhen signing off, use your full name. It is best if you create an email signature which links to your website and has your contact details.#actor #script #audition #casting

A Little Voice Acting Work

A Little Voice Acting Work

Posted on Mar 31st

While I'm a writer first, I've done a fair amount of commercial acting over the years. Sadly, I hadn't landed anything since Q3 last year. Thankfully, I finally landed a small voice acting job for an advertisement. The pay wasn't anything impressive, but it was nice to get some more acting work for my resume. Less than an hour of recording, so it wasn't too much of a commitment either.

Torn between loglines

Torn between loglines

Posted on Mar 31st

So for the past few months, I haven't been able to write anything. Had some ideas but when the words don't flow, I just feel the idea isn't right. Though I'm happy to say I've finally been able to start a new rom-script titled, "Do Not Disturb" (think "The Parent Trap" meets "Knocked Up" but w/LGBTQ leads). However, I'm torn between two loglines. "A pair of recently orphaned twin brothers born to two different men switch places to meet the fathers they never knew but end up trying to reunite their broken family.""The high profile lives of a rising screenwriter and a former rockstar are upended when they meet the sons they gave up for adoption and are forced to confront their buried past." Which appears to be more attention grabbing?  

Actor Panel

Actor Panel

Posted on Mar 31st

April 7th at the gathering spot 5211.West Adams in Los Angeles.We will have an actor's panel and everyone is invited

Actor Panel

Actor Panel

Posted on Mar 31st

April 11 6-9 The Gathering spot LA 5211 west Adamd

Mixer actor panel

Mixer actor panel

Posted on Mar 31st

Our monthly mixer is April 11 at Gathering spot 5211 west adams90016 6-8

Clothing To Have On Hand for Self-Tapes

Clothing To Have On Hand for Self-Tapes

Posted on Mar 28th

Keeping a small portion of your closet devoted to clothes for auditioning that are kept clean and pressed can save time and panic later.Here are just a few to consider:- Basic Commercial:Before getting into character types, it’s important to have a few basics.For commercial auditions, this will typically be something in a solid color, and on the more cheerful side.Think of the “family friendly” version of you.- Basic Theatrical:Same idea as commercial, but a more serious look.This might mean darker or more muted colors, possibly longer sleeves, something that makes you feel grounded.- Mom/Dad:Having a parental look will go a long way for commercial auditions and day players.A solid cardigan or polo shirt you can throw on to look approachable and relatable can easily suggest the role. Maybe have a pair of glasses handy. You want a slightly more conservative look for this one.- Flirty/Seductive:If it’s in your wheelhouse, having a flirty ingenue or vampy look might be something to consider. It’s a fine line to walk, as you still want to look professional. Hair and makeup can also go a long way here.- Dystopian/Gritty:Get yourself that grungy gray tank top or noticeably worn tee. Having an appropriately lived-in looking jacket (army green, brown, or other darker earth tones) might also be a good idea.- Professional White Collar, putting together a look with a blazer or suit with a tie can suggest a lawyer, CEO, detective, accountant or any type of white-collar professional.- Professional Blue Collar, on the other side of the spectrum, a nice denim shirt that you can roll up the sleeves can easily transform you into a farmer, hometown clerk, etc.- Scrubs, bring on the medical dramas! If you don’t have actual scrubs (though they can often be found in uniform stores) a solid color v-neck shirt can suggest a nurse or technician. A lab coat might be good to have on hand if you can find one.#actor #audition #selftape #wardrobe 

An Acting Coach’s Tips for Beginners and Experts PODCAST

An Acting Coach’s Tips for Beginners and Experts PODCAST

Posted on Mar 28th

Howard Fine has coached actors like Austin Butler, Will Smith, and many others. He joins the show to discuss his methods, as well as common beginner mistakes.https://slate.com/podcasts/working/2024/03/acting-tips-beginners-and-experts

When You Must Reject an Acting Job

When You Must Reject an Acting Job

Posted on Mar 26th

There are times when all actors must turn down an acting job.Use the link below to watch the videohttps://youtu.be/gjU2UTqvn6Q This holds true for filmmakers and other creatives.Out of nearly 1,300 jobs I have only turned down around 6 offers.It is hard getting auditions and even more difficult booking a job.So, when one is offered to us, it is extremely hard to say no.But, as you will learn in the video, there are times when turning downan offer is a smart business decision. And, sometimes it is a smartmental health choice.If you ever turned down a job or audition, please share it so we can alllearn from you as well.And, if you liked the video,: https://youtu.be/gjU2UTqvn6Qplease share the link with your fellow actors.Can't wait to talk with you again soon, and read your comments.Aaron

Which Comes First: Headshots or New Talent Agent?

Which Comes First: Headshots or New Talent Agent?

Posted on Mar 21st

Talent agents want to sign actors who have a professional marketing package ready to send off to casting directors TODAY. That means your headshot, resume & reel need to be AMAZING when you send inquiries for representation. If they need to "fix" you, that probably means you're not ready. Ask me anything! I'm a career coach for actors...I help actors get into this industry.

New Podcast - Inside Entertainment Industry Careers'

New Podcast - Inside Entertainment Industry Careers'

Posted on Mar 21st

In response to the growing popularity of podcasts and the need for increased awareness about the career roles available in the creative industry, I've created a new podcast called ‘Inside Entertainment Industry Careers’. Interviewing guests from around the world, the first episode, released today, on the 21st of March 2024, features Nottingham-born actor Rachel Grant. Listeners can discover the captivating journey of Nottingham-born Actor Rachel Grant, from early arts exposure to her iconic role in James Bond and learn valuable tips and insights into routes into the industry and the working world of an actor. https://open.spotify.com/show/5laSP8D808gl0kp3K3Gn0t https://inside-entertainment-industry-careers.podbean.com/

How To Teach Yourself A Dialect

How To Teach Yourself A Dialect

Posted on Mar 20th

An expert on the subject Jim Johnson, who teaches voice and dialects at the University of Houston and has coached many well known actors, also runs AccentHelp, one of the leading resources for dialect training at home. Jim recommends that the first thing a student does is listen to native speakers. “Just get used to hearing it, without trying to listen for anything specific,” he says. There are a number of resources for listening to authentic dialects, including Johnson’s AccentHelp courses and the International Dialects of English Archive, a website Johnson highly recommends. “It’s free, and a number of people, including myself, contribute recordings,” he adds. After a few initial listenings, he says, students can then get into the details: “Start listening for sound changes, trying to get the intonation down. Get the rhythm of it, where the pitch moves.” To incorporate the “musicality” of a dialect, Johnson will often have students use physical actions to follow the movement of pitch and rhythm, such as moving their arms up and down with the pitch or tapping out the rhythms. He finds this helps speed up the learning process. “Hopefully, they’re not just feeling it, but they’re seeing it as well,” he says. “They learn it through auditory, kinesthetic, and visual means.” Exaggerate the dialect, study vowel sounds, record yourself, keep practicing, and use your acting skills: In the end, Johnson thinks the most important element in a believable dialect is great acting, with the ability to sell it. #voice #dialect #actor #voiceover

Coaching Actors

Coaching Actors

Posted on Mar 19th

I’m in rehearsals for my PSYCH thriller and I’m working with relatively new actors. Sometimes it’s challenging to get them to deliver consistent performances. They might deliver a line perfectly   Tuesday, and then Thursday do something totally different. I want to say NNNNOOOOOOO!

What a Makeup Artist wishes Actors Knew...

What a Makeup Artist wishes Actors Knew...

Posted on Mar 19th

Been a minute since I've posted here, but I've been busy with my audition taping service and YouTube channel. In fact, I just started releasing an interview series entitled:"I Wish Actors Knew..."I sit down with members of different crew departments, and ask them what veteran actors do right, and what newer actors aren't aware of that will make that crew member's life easier. And believe me, after 20+ years of being in this business, I learned A LOT. So check out the first interview with Beth Pilgreen, a makeup artist AND actor (so she understands both perspectives). The whole video lasts about an hour, but you can skip to relevant chapters if you're pressed for time...https://youtu.be/v-aWJxFJXOk

How To Learn Audio Engineering & Voiceover The Hard Way

How To Learn Audio Engineering & Voiceover The Hard Way

Posted on Mar 19th

Kris Keppeler (audiobook narrator, actor, voice actor, and podcaster) walks you through how to learn audio engineering the hard way. But don’t despair! Your engineering and voiceover skills will benefit you in the end.www.stage32.com/blog/how-to-learn-audio-engineering-voiceover-the-hard-way-3674

Don't Ever Say This to Actors

Don't Ever Say This to Actors

Posted on Mar 19th

Don't ever say this to another actor.https://youtu.be/132m0KhDS_Q In this video I share two experiences I had when people said inappropriate things on a set. One was directed to me and the other to an actor I was working with. Have you ever had an actor say something to you that never should have been said? If so, please share this experience so we can learn from you.

Anyone around in England?

Anyone around in England?

Posted on Mar 19th

Hey! Are there any British actors frequenting this lounge? I'm so ronery here in England. Lol. Let's play...

Ask Me Anything (AMA) Wednesday 3/20 to Thursday 3/21- Becoming a Professional Actor

Ask Me Anything (AMA) Wednesday 3/20 to Thursday 3/21- Becoming a Professional Actor

Posted on Mar 18th

About Me: Grace Duah is a versatile creative force in the entertainment industry, excelling as an actor, writer, and producer over the past four years. After graduating from Pace University's Acting for Film,Television, Voiceover and Commercial program in May of 2020 Grace made her TV debut playing the Series Regular role of Shan Barnes on the MAX (formerly known as HBOMax) hit series reboot GOSSIP GIRL (2021). Upcoming projects include short films Meal Ticket and The Off-Brands both set to premiere at this year's Tribeca Film Festival. Examples of Questions: How did you get your start as an actor? What is the most challenging part of being a full time working actor? How do you keep a clear head in the face of frequent rejection?  Looking forward to answering everyone's questions and hopefully provide an in-depth perspective on helpful ways to navigate the acting industry!

Actor Callbacks

Actor Callbacks

Posted on Mar 17th

Getting a callback means that the casting team is intrigued by you and your acting, but they may not be totally sold yet. On top of watching you perform, they might also question you about your acting approach and experience. This is the time to showcase your range, ability to portray your character, and overall skill set.  Expect to perform the same material in the same way as in your first audition—but know that you might be asked to make a few changes, such as reading a scene with different emotion or really diving deep into your character’s personality.Callbacks often mean performing a scene with another actor so the director can see if you mesh well with others.The casting director brought you back because your type and performance worked for the character and for the tone of the show. Unless you are given specific notes for the callback, do the exact same performance when you come back in but be open to adjustments.Don’t get locked into your choices. In a callback, the director, producer, and creative team may have you take an adjustment and try the scene a different way. Spontaneous decisions are your best friend so practice various versions of the audition just to be prepared.#actor #audition #callback #casting #film #tv 

Don't Miss Today's Character-Driven Ask Me Anything in the Writer's Room!

Don't Miss Today's Character-Driven Ask Me Anything in the Writer's Room!

Posted on Mar 15th

Hey All,Don't miss out on today's 24-Hour Ask Me Anything happening from Friday 3/15 to Saturday 3/16 over in the Stage 32 Writer's Room Lounge! Catherine Slaughter-King, Scripted Development Executive, Producer (A PODCAST TO DIE FOR, DEADLY SURROGACY), & Stage 32 Executive will be answering people's questions about "Developing Character-Driven Stories".You can comment your questions NOW!https://www.stage32.com/lounge/vip/Ask-Me-Anything-AMA-Friday-3-15-to-Saturday-3-16-Developing-Character-Driven-StoriesIt's a great opportunity to learn more about how to create memorable & distinct characters who can carry an entire film or TV series, creating a balance between character and story, the difference between a memorable supporting character and a memorable protagonist, how the development process differs for a character-driven story compared to a more story-beats-led project, etc. Don't miss out on a chance to ask a question!If you're not already a Stage 32 Writer's Room member, you can sign up for your first month entirely free so that you can join in on these opportunities. https://www.stage32.com/writers-room/plans-vip

Series Mania - Lille / France

Series Mania - Lille / France

Posted on Mar 13th

Hey there ! I will be in Lille / France for Série Mania from the 19th to the 22nd of March if anyone is around get in touch ! sabine.crossen@yahoo.frhttps://seriesmania.com/en/https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1644336/

Actor Headshot Tips

Actor Headshot Tips

Posted on Mar 13th

- Don’t overdo your makeup. You want to look like yourself on your best day and not look like you tried too hard. Be yourself. Do your hair the way you would for every audition.- Don’t go quirky with clothing and props. Let’s not get nuts here. Keep it simple and classy, and follow the standard format. Professionalism gets you noticed. A simple, solid shirt with a little texture that fits you well and matches your eyes should do the trick. No whites and no graphics or anything that might distract from your face, and no props.- Consider natural light vs. studio.Some photographers do both, as they offer a different look and feel. Natural light gives a very real look. Studio lighting tends to be a little more polished, with a more neutral backdrop. If you are more of a sitcom actor, perhaps a well-lit studio headshot is best for you. If you want to look like you are on the Fargo series go for the outdoor look.- Pay attention to framing, lighting, and background. Generally a good headshot is chest-up with good lighting on your face, and no strong dramatic shadows.- Choose personality over glamour. Make sure it looks like you with easy airbrushing. Casting directors expect you to look just like your headshot and will not be happy when you show up looking totally different or 10 years older. It’s not about looking pretty, it’s about representing your type, wrinkles included.- Go pro. Spend money—it’s worth it. Go to a professional who is trained, understands lighting, and takes headshots for a living, not a friend who happens to have a decent camera who has a hobby of taking photos. Save those pics for Instagram and leave the headshots to the pros. #actor #headshot

Meet Stage 32's New Executive Liaison, Nick Phillips!

Meet Stage 32's New Executive Liaison, Nick Phillips!

Posted on Mar 13th

Hey, All!In today's blog, we're welcoming our incredible new Stage 32 Executive Liaison, Nick Phillips! Nick is a talented producer with years of industry experience and we're so excited that he's bringing all of his hard-earned knowledge to our community! Be sure to check it out and leave your own warm welcome for him in the comments! https://www.stage32.com/blog/meet-stage-32s-new-executive-liaison-nick-phillips-3669

Acting Networking Events Horrible- Try This Instead

Acting Networking Events Horrible- Try This Instead

Posted on Mar 12th

Is Networking At An Acting Event Hard? Try this.https://youtu.be/QMwFiPvOLww Have any suggestions on having success at networking events? Share them here.

Actors, Need Help Memorizing Lines?

Actors, Need Help Memorizing Lines?

Posted on Mar 11th

If you have a challenge memorizing your lines there are several ways that you can choose to get help. There are books on memorization techniques of course (Memorization for Actors by Alexa Ispas) but technology has now given us the App. There are a few choices depending on your preference (and budget) but one of the top is the LineLearner App (3.99) which is similar to the standard method many actors use (recording their lines into their phone and playing them back). Some of its features:You can upload the PDF or Word document of the script and it will track where you are as you perform your lines.It allows you to listen to your recorded lines over and over again.If you forget your next line, you can tap the “Prompt” button at any time to remind yourself.Top Reviews:“There’s a small learning curve, but watching the video tutorials helps through that part. Entering in my lines was easy - I loaded up the entire play in about 2 hours - and once that’s done, you have so much power. it’s like they thought of every possible adjustment to assist you through every single stage of memorization.”“This app has everything I need to memorize lines quickly by listening. I love how easy it is to record the script and how I can change pitches to distinguish my lines from other characters. I use it for every project I’m in and it’s very worth the price, especially since it’s just a flat fee with no subscriptions or ads involved. It’s just a simple tool that works if you memorize by listening. I can now run lines acting everywhere I go without seeming like a total nut talking to myself.”It’s great to have a variety of ways to help if memorization is a problem for you, so do your research and take advantage. It’s important and is a huge part of how you can become better skilled as an actor without the added stress of not remembering your lines.#actor #lines #script #memorization

Booking Alert!

Booking Alert!

Posted on Mar 11th

I have some great inspiring news for you guys! Recently I had a callback for a guest star role in a t.v. series and ended up booking the role! To all my fellow actors out there, KEEP GOING! In this industry you never know when your next job is but if you keep going you'll eventually cross paths with the roles that are meant for you.

Emma Stone! Thoughts on the Oscars?

Emma Stone! Thoughts on the Oscars?

Posted on Mar 11th

I thought she was excellent. The awards went pretty much as expected. I think that was the biggest shock from last night’s Oscars and I’m here for it. What did you guys think of the new format with the ex Oscar winners presenting the nominees?

Actor: Got Dance?

Actor: Got Dance?

Posted on Mar 11th

As an actor you MUST be well balanced as those who came before you.

Actors Must Be Able To Dance!

Actors Must Be Able To Dance!

Posted on Mar 11th

GOT DANCE?

Need Exposure In The Industry: Try This!!

Need Exposure In The Industry: Try This!!

Posted on Mar 11th

SIMPLE!!! MADE THIS WITH HIS MOM!!

The new actors?

The new actors?

Posted on Mar 11th

HOW TO MAKE MONEY AND CREATE WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING!!CAN YOU DO THIS?

Short film ITALY

Short film ITALY

Posted on Mar 8th

Please have a look at our recent short art film filmed in ITALY

Actors Needings Accents

Actors Needings Accents

Posted on Mar 6th

From time to time you'll need to explore other languages and accents if you want to be as skilled as your competition as an actor. Accents are crucial when creating the illusion you actually speak another way than you do right now. Study and surround yourself with the accent. Immerse yourself in films, TV shows, social media videos, radio, podcasts, and anything you can to truly get a feel for each accent. The online International Dialects of English archive can be a great resource to delve into accents, their sounds, and nuances that you'll need to master for credibility.Practice and repeat. The more time you take practicing accents, the better you’ll be. Practice daily to make an unfamiliar accent feel instinctive—and don’t be afraid to work with a vocal or dialect coach.#actor #accent #dialect #vocal #coach 

Balancing Life and Acting: Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle

04.05.2024 Achieving Your Dreams: How to Balance Life and Acting While Staying Healthy and Ready to Shine!
Check it out »

Maintaining Your Voice and Body: Habits for Actors

03.22.2024 Unlock Your Inner Actor: 5 Essential Habits for Maintaining Vocal & Physical Health
Check it out »

Niche professional websites for people in the film and TV industry.

Weeee, you found me!

I'm your buddy Bottie, I was hiding behind the scenes, but now that you've found me I'd be happy to tell you what I'm doing.

Actor Website helper: Bottie

I just wrote a few fun facts about Web For Actors

Would you like to take a look?
Click here to check them out. I hope it will cause involuntary audible response.